Giving Societies are determined from gifts made during the fiscal year beginning July 1 and ending June 30.
Pinnacle Society - $5,000 +
Leadership Circle - $2,500 - $4,999
Presidents Society - $1,000-$2,499
Scholars Honor Club - $500-$999
Hawks Honor Club - $250-$499
Prairie Honor Club - $100-$249
Friends of the Foundation - $1-$99
WHY SUPPORT THE PRAIRIE SCHOOL FOUNDATION?
Contributing to the Prairie School Foundation is perhaps the simplest and most important thing you can do to help Prairie students. The stronger the Foundation, the better equipped the District is to provide an excellent educational environment for all Prairie students. By giving a gift to the Foundation, you will be supporting all our students and schools. Each year the Foundation will distribute money to every school in the College Community School District. Money will be distributed on a per capita student enrollment. The Foundation’s commitment begins where the school district’s means ends.
WAYS TO GIVE
The Prairie School Foundation is the steward of all gifts to the Foundation. All contributions are tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Gifts of Cash and Check.
- Memorial / Honorarium Donations - Make a lasting tribute to a family member or loved one.
- Matching Gifts - Take this opportunity if your employer has a matching gift program and increase the impact of your contribution. Local and employers like Rockwell, Pepsico, Transamerica, Alliant and many more have a matching gift program. This means you can double or even triple the impact of your gift.
- Planned and Deferred Gifts - Donors can support Prairie by naming the Prairie School Foundation in their will or life insurance policy or by establishing an endowment or gift annuity.
DONATE NOW Donation Form
WE CARE ENDOWMENT FUND
The We Care Endowment Fund was established in the spring of 2006 by Dot Pospischil, a Social Studies teacher at Prairie High School. Its mission is to help any faculty, staff or student of Prairie High School who is experiencing misfortune or tragedy. A board for the Endowment was established to increase awareness and funds available. If you are interested in making a gift or finding out more about this fund, please contact Operations Manager Kathy Waychoff at 848-5224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs that can double the impact of your charitable contribution to the Prairie School Foundation. Matching gifts are counted toward your giving level in the Donor Recognition Clubs. Matching gift funds are a critical part of the fundraising program at the Foundation. When making a gift to the Prairie School Foundation, please remember to check with your employer if they will match your contribution. Contact your personnel or human resources office to obtain the appropriate form. Complete the form and return it with your contribution to the Prairie School Foundation.
The Prairie School Foundation is grateful for gifts from matching gift companies and the many donors who submit matching gift forms. If you have any questions on the matching gift program at the Prairie School Foundation, please call 319-848-5224.
Please send your contribution and matching gift form to:
The Prairie School Foundation
401 76th Street SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Below are some local and national businesses and corporations that have matching gift programs. Please check with your employer to see if they will match your gift!
|Aegon USA Charitable Foundation
American Express Foundation
American Home Products
Aventis Matching Gifts
Bank of America Foundation
Cope Plastic, Inc.
Eli Lilly and Company Foundation
Fairfax State Savings Bank
US Bancorp Foundation
H & R Block Foundation
International Paper Co. Foundation
Lucent Technologies Foundation
M & W Manufacturing
Marsh & McLennan
Mellon Bank Corporation
Merck Company Foundation
MidAmerican Energy Foundation
Northwestern Mutual Life Foundation
|Novartis US Foundation
Pohlad Family Charities
Principal Financial Services, Inc.
Quaker Oats Company (Pepsico)
Ryan Companies US Inc.
Sherwin Williams Foundation
Square D Foundation
Toyota Motor Insurance Foundation
Union Pacific Foundation
US West Foundation
Wells Fargo Foundation
Xtra Corporation Charitable Foundation
Planned and Deferred Gifts
Have you remembered the Prairie School Foundation in your estate plans? Please consider any or all of the following ways to benefit Prairie:
- A provision in your will, setting aside a specific amount or a percentage of your estate to the Foundation.
- Creation of a charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust.
- Purchase of a charitable gift annuity that provides you a guaranteed annual income for life.
- A gift of real estate with a retained life interest. You enjoy the property during your lifetime, and upon your death, the property passes to the Foundation.
- Designating the Prairie School Foundation as beneficiary of all or a portion of a life insurance policy.
Significant income, estate and inheritance tax savings may be realized by you and your family as a result of your planned gift. We encourage you to contact your attorney, accountant or financial advisor for more information. By including the Prairie School Foundation in your estate plan, you will be ensuring a sound financial base for years to come.